Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Venting today

I need to vent a little today.

It appears that a boy on my son's football team has issues with my son and a couple of his friends. The issue in a nutshell is this: He annoys the crap out of my son and his friends, and when they get irritated enough to respond he runs home and cries "their picking on me mom!"

This has been going on for years now. He needles and needles and pushes buttons and really drives kids nuts then when they get mad it's "I was only kidding/joking/playing" and cries "they're bullying me!" or something similar. It's a damn joke, the worst part about it is this: My son has NEVER even so much as pushed the kid or gotten physical with him in all this time. He has vented and told the kid on multiple occasions to "shut up", "go away" etc.

Well, the reason for my venting on this is now this kid continually needles and pushes my son and probably 10 other kids pretty regularily, from what I understand one of the kids in the group got fed up and stated " I wanna kick his ass sooo bad" and what happens?

His MOMMY calls the Head Coach of the Football Team crying about how my son and his friends shouldn't be on the team if they are going to be threatening her "little angel".. BULLSHIT! HE needles the kids and when they get fed up, HE cries about it and this is what happens? I DON'T think so, it's a damn ridiculous JOKE.

So, now the Coach has to have a "team meeting" to discuss this, and WASTE time addressing a NON-ISSUE (at least as far as I can see). What needs to happen is this: That kid's parents need to tell him to stop annoying and bothering people. He uses "I'll tell Coach/Teacher/Mommy" if the kids get irritated and he KNOWS that at a minimum Mommy will back him up. Mommy, needs to stop being an "Attack helicopter parent" and teach her kid that actions have reactions.

It's simple - Don't go round pissing people off, and people won't want to change your facial landscape.

Correct me if I'm wrong (I am often), I teach my kid to behave and treat everyone with respect and dignity. Is it TOO DAMN MUCH to ask other parents to raise thier kids with common decent values? This kids family purports to be Christian (they're Mormons) but I DON'T see it...

Thanks for letting me Vent.

No comments:

Post a Comment