Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Conversations with Christian Zealots

I have been posting a few times now on Kirk Cameron and Ray Comfort's Facebook page for their show "Way of the Master". I have to give them some credit, they haven't moderated me yet. That in itself is impressive since most places I post, they moderate my posts right out of existence (Cough. cough. Mormon.org etc)

If you enjoy a good debate (even if it is with irrational BuyBull thumpers) I would suggest going there and letting these folks know how you feel. It's fun and entertaining. The link is here -- Fun with Christians --

Here is a conversation I had with a few of them there on the subject of Homosexuality being a sin....

.Exhalted Outcast I am seriously baffled. No where in the Ten Commandments does it say that being homosexual is wrong. I realize that there are a couple passages that are NOT commandments about it but nothing in the "rules to live by" commandments? You know my blog explores alot of the christian mythos and it's effect on society.

Debbie Raymond Thou shall not commit adultery, and anything outside of marriage is adultery as Jesus said if you even look at a woman with lust you have committed adultery. You show me one Scripture that shows any marriage other than between a man and woman. And if you believe God is all knowing then He would know the problem society is going to have with this issue on homosexuality and He would have made it very clear if He did not have a problem with it but God does not because it is clearly a sin in God's eye and there are many Scriptures showing that homosexuality along with other sins if not repented of ,those will not inherit the kingdom of heaven.

1.Laura O'Brien Leviticus 18:22 - "Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable" Leviticus 20:13 - "If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. Romans 1:26-27 - "Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion. 1 Cor 6:9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived! The sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterers, passive homosexual partners, 5 practicing homosexuals, 6 6:10 thieves, the greedy, drunkards, the verbally abusive, 7 and swindlers will not inherit the kingdom of God. I don't see how the Bible can be any more clear.

.Debbie Raymond When it comes to sin, as I read Scripture I see myself in there as everyone should, but as you see that you are a sinner in need of a Savior and with all your heart repent and ask for forgiveness, for only the Lord our God knows the heart can free us from the slavery is sin. Jesus freed me and now I see sin for what it is, but the first thing you must realize is your sin and only Jesus can free us from that. We must realize that we have a God of love and also a God of wrath that is Holy, Holy, Holy and cannot over look sin if you keep continuing in it. Put the Lord our God first in your life and the rest will follow. I pray that all those struggling with sin will just put your faith and trust in Christ, love Him above all people and all things and He will see you through everything.

Exhalted Outcast Here's the rub: I don't see myself as a sinner. I see myself as a HUMAN being and I don't honestly believe that an all knowing all seeing omnipotent being would CREATE a race of FALLIBLE beings then BLAME them for their fallibility. That logic does NOT make sense. Since the "creator" created everything including LOGIC and since the "creator" has to follow his own rules, he could NOT have had that sort of situation in mind when this all started. All of this sounds like interpretation and a fairly vague one at that. Heres the way I see this: Live a good life, be good to people and do the right thing and you will be fine. Worry about all that other stuff and you are just giving yourself an ulcer.
 
We shall see how they respond, I am sure it will be with BuyBull references...

No comments:

Post a Comment